At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Senior BIM/CADD Specialist to join our Transportation Business Group in South Carolina. This position may be based out of any of the following South Carolina HDR offices: Columbia, Charleston, or Greenville. On a day-to-day basis, the Senior BIM/CADD Specialist will be expected to:
* Work closely with design originators, preparing drawings or computer models of complex, or original designs that include multiple views, and detail drawings, and require considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray
* Work from sketches, computer models and verbal information supplied by an engineer or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments
* Select required information from computer programs, manufacturers' catalogs and technical guides
* Provide advice on unusually difficult problems
* Occasionally interpret general designs prepared by others to complete minor details, may provide advice and guidance to lower level drafters or serve as coordinator and planner for large and complex drafting projects
* Be responsible for organizing assignments to ensure deadlines are met
* Prepare technical drawings for bridge design projects using your keen understanding of geometry and structure components along with direction provided by structural team members
* Understand reference/model file concept for preparation of construction drawing packages
* Manipulate multiple reference/model files to prepare specific discipline plan drawing and section/details
* Work independently, with minimum or no supervision from the engineer
* Able to interpret and incorporate client's CADD standards
* Use knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, plotting, and drafting using CADD platforms
* Perform design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques
* Ensure the proper filing of drawings
* Mentor less experienced CADD personnel and freely offers advice/knowledge and training of others
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.