At our Indianapolis location, there is an opening for an AP/CP pathologist with training and/or experience in molecular genetic pathology. We are seeking a candidate to contribute specialized expertise to the Medical Affairs team. Locally, our group includes one clinical chemist and five on-site pathologists with backgrounds in surgical pathology, immunology, and hematopathology. Joining the global Medical Affairs team involves frequent collaboration with a larger group of pathologists and colleagues across our Los Angeles, Geneva, Singapore, Tokyo, and Shanghai locations. Duties include supporting international units within the corporation as well as providing laboratory and medical consultation to sponsors and investigators worldwide. This is an opportunity to build true global experience and pursue a promising career path at the cutting edge of drug development.
The ideal candidate will be board certified / eligible in anatomic and clinical pathology with a background in molecular genetic pathology and knowledge of related laboratory techniques. Candidates with experience as well as those currently or recently completing fellowship training are encouraged to apply.
- Provide consultative and laboratory support both internally and to our clients.
- Oversee medical decision-making and fulfill laboratory functions requiring a pathologist.
- Collaborate in global trials involving whole slide imaging and artificial intelligence platforms.
- Participate in the review and approval of new test offerings and service feasibilities.
- Review abnormal peripheral blood smears and other laboratory testing (e.g., SPEP).
- Provide laboratory support for anatomic pathology / histology, review slides for validations.
- Review digital microscopic images and glass slides (mainly IHC & ISH w/ controls and H&E).
- Participate in investigator meetings or client visits to provide medical support for clinical trials.
- Analyze and respond to medical and pathology-related inquiries by clinical trials customers.
- Implement quality standards and help assure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Collaborate in development and validation of methods and selection of appropriate tests.
- Experience and/or training in molecular and genetic pathology is required.
- Board certification / eligibility in anatomic and clinical pathology is required.
- Board certification / eligibility in molecular genetic pathology is desirable.
- Ability to effectively interact with clients at meetings and conferences is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.